Saturday, October 22, 2016

General diet thoughts and progress

It is now October 22, 2016!!!!!

I've been dieting for at least 4 months now. I can see why people tend to quit... -.-


I'm now at 140lbs., which means I've lost a total of 15lbs. from the first day I started this (155lbs.) The journey has not been easy.

Main Struggles

1. Food cravings. I'm getting food cravings like you wouldn't believe. This makes sense, granted I'm on a ~700 caloric deficit. 

-Obviously this kind of deficit should not be attempted by someone who is inexperienced with dieting or without consulting a doctor first-

...but seriously. I think about food all the time. Mainly about ice cream and carbs. I get some fat everyday from the chicken and fish I eat (and from the flax oil supplement that I take). But I'm getting absolutely no carbohydrates and it's making me want them!!!

How I deal with it:
Drinking A LOT of water, spacing out my protein meals throughout the day, taking a turmeric supplement, and once in a while I take a bit of apple cider vinegar (its been known to help with food cravings).


2. Energy in the gym. This one is a bit easier for me to deal with than the food cravings. Often times I find myself not really having a lot of energy to finish my workouts 100%. Sometimes this causes me to either leave a bit earlier than I should or having to muster up some serious motivation.

How I deal with it:
I take a pre-workout supplement (Qualia) and in the middle of the day, somewhere pass 12 or 1PM I take a 5-Hour energy shot. Sometimes both of these are unable to give me energy and I kind of just slump on the couch at around 7PM until I go to bed (10PM).


3. Socializing. This one is the easiest of them all but still a struggle. When I go out with family or friends I have to tell them that I either have to go somewhere that offers grilled/baked chicken or really lean red meat/salmon. Sometimes this poses as a problem and I find it easier to just not go out often.


All in all, I feel motivated still to get that six-pack! I was at about 23% body fat when I first got tested and I'm highly anxious to see what the next DEXA scan will show!!! I get my 2nd DEXA scan the 1st week of November. Hopefully by then I'll have the six-pack or at least be ridiculously close. Thanksgiving is right around the corner!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment